Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Section A - Source-Based Questions (25m)
Source A:
Source: The Straits Times, 10 September 2006
Q 1 (a) What can you infer from Source A? (4m)Hmm. Ok. Let's see. With my very rusty and dusty history skills, I can see from the picture that in the foreground, there is a big crocodile. A small man is trying to keep its jaws open so that he will not be eaten up alive by the croc. The croc represents Iraq, while the small man represents Bush (The U.S.). A man in the background says "I miss Steve Irwin". I can infer that The U.S. is fighting a losing battle against terrorism, as the size of the croc is much bigger than the small man, who is struggling to keep himself alive. Steve Irwin is mentioned by the man in the background because he is known as the world-famous best Crocodile Hunter. In the picture, Bush cannot be as good as Mr Irwin in catching crocs as we can see that he is already fully in the croc's mouth, and can hardly keep himself alive for long. This shows that the United States is fighting a losing battle against terrorism; she is on the brink of losing for good with all the damage Iraq has inflicted on her due to terrorism. Therefore, I can infer that The United States will lose the war on terrorism, and Iraq will win.
Ehs. Don't think need purpose hor. Hahaha. Forget already. Did not touch history in ages. Thought it might be fun to do this self-set question as I actually kind of get what the pic means. I think. I hope. Lol. And I am very free now. Still have about 4 or 5 weeks of hols. All the poor JC people now piaing for promos/A's. Jiayou! Though I'm still very sad over what happened on 4th Sept. I will never ever stick my toe into the waters of the Great Barrier Reef.
~
@3:19 am